ShareThis

Rev. Sun Myung Moon

As a Peace-loving Global Citizen is the autobiography of Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the founder of the Unification Movement. It was published in 2009 in both Korean and English by Gimm-Young Publishers of Seoul, South Korea. The book was released in South Korea on March 9, 2009 and debuted at #3 on the Businesss bestseller's list. It has ranked in various bestseller lists since then and was ranked 15th on the General bestseller's list as of October 14, 2009.

Reverend Moon, Seed for a New American Revolution

      Americans experienced a revolution of consciousness through my lectures. Young people began to follow me, calling me “Father Moon” or “Reverend Moon” and cutting their shoulder-length hair and their scruffy beards. When appearances change, minds also change. So God began to enter into the hearts of young people who had been immersed in alcohol and drugs.

        The lectures were attended by a variety of young people, transcending denominations. When I would interrupt my sermons to ask, “Are there any Presbyterians here?” many young people would wave their hands, saying, “Here. Here.” If I asked, “Are there any Catholics?” hands would go up again. When I asked, “How about Southern Baptists?” many people would again answer, “Me. Me.”

       “Why do you come to hear me instead of going to hear a sermon in your own religion?” I asked. “Go home and go to your own church to hear God’s word.”

       When I said this, the audience responded, “We want to hear Reverend Moon!” 

       More and more people began gathering, and even some ministers of Presbyterian and Baptist churches came, bringing with them the young people of their churches. As time went on, Reverend Moon became an icon representing a revolution of consciousness in American society.