ShareThis

Rev. Sun Myung Moon

As a Peace-loving Global Citizen is the autobiography of Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the founder of the Unification Movement. It was published in 2009 in both Korean and English by Gimm-Young Publishers of Seoul, South Korea. The book was released in South Korea on March 9, 2009 and debuted at #3 on the Businesss bestseller's list. It has ranked in various bestseller lists since then and was ranked 15th on the General bestseller's list as of October 14, 2009.

World Tour

       I put the following question to the Japanese members: “Are you ‘of Japan,’ or have you transcended the state of being ‘of Japan’?”

       I continued: “God doesn’t want that which is ‘of Japan.’ He doesn’t need that which is ‘of Japan.’ He needs people who transcend Japan. You need to go beyond the limitations of Japan to become Japanese people who love the world, if you are to be people who can be used by God.”

       It may not have been easy for them to hear this, but I made myself very clear.

       My second destination was the United States. I entered the country through the airport in San Francisco, where I was met by our missionaries. From there, we toured the entire country. During the time I was touring America, I felt strongly, “This is the country that manages the whole world. The new culture that will be created in the future must rise up with America as its foundation.” I set a plan then to purchase a facility for workshops in the United States that would hold five hundred people. Of course, this would not be only for Koreans. It would be an international facility that would receive people from over one hundred countries.

       Fortunately, this hope was soon realized. Many countries sent people to this workshop facility, where they would study and debate about world peace for six months at a time. Race, nationality, and religion made no difference. I believe that the world will develop better societies when people who have transcended race, nationality, and religion and hold a wide variety of opinions come together and candidly discuss world peace.