ShareThis

Rev. Sun Myung Moon

As a Peace-loving Global Citizen is the autobiography of Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the founder of the Unification Movement. It was published in 2009 in both Korean and English by Gimm-Young Publishers of Seoul, South Korea. The book was released in South Korea on March 9, 2009 and debuted at #3 on the Businesss bestseller's list. It has ranked in various bestseller lists since then and was ranked 15th on the General bestseller's list as of October 14, 2009.

A Key to Unlock a Great Secret


       Behind Myungsudae is Mount Seodal, also known as Mount Darma. I would often climb up on a large boulder on Mount Darma and spend the night in prayer. In hot weather and in cold, I immersed myself in prayer without missing a night. Once I entered into prayer, I would weep, and my nose would start to run. I would pray for hours over words I had received from God. His words were like coded messages, and I felt I needed to immerse myself even more deeply in prayer. !inking back on it now, I realize that even then God had placed in my hands the key that unlocked the door to secrets. However, I wasn’t able to open the door, because my prayers were insufficient. I was so preoccupied that, when I ate my meals, it didn’t feel as though I were eating. At bedtime, I would close my eyes, but I couldn’t fall asleep.

       Other students rooming in the same house didn’t realize I was going up on the hill to pray. They must have felt I was somehow different, though, because they related to me with respect. Generally, we got along well, making each other laugh by telling funny stories. I can relate well with anyone. If an old woman comes to me, I can be her friend. If children come, I can play with them. You can have communication of heart with anyone by relating to them with love.

       Mrs. Gi Wan Lee became close to me after she was inspired by my prayers during early-morning services at the church. We maintained our friendship for more than fifty years, until she left this world at age eighty. Her younger sister, Mrs. Gi Bong Lee, was always busy managing the rooming house, but she related to me with warmth. She would say she didn’t feel right unless she could find something to do for me. She would try to give me extra side dishes for my meals. I didn’t talk much and wasn’t much fun, so I don’t know why she would want to treat me so well. Some time later, when the Japanese colonial police were holding me in the Kyounggi Province Police Station, she brought me clothes and food. Even now it warms my heart to think of her.